Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Like Father Like Son - Post from Ryan

So I love my boy and we have tons of fun together. We wrestle, growl at each other, grunt like real men, laugh, hug, and play. Although he looks like a Wilson, he's tough like a Dalton. :o) Unfortunately, Logan is following in his dad's footsteps in other ways. Around Halloween Grandma Dalton sent the grandkids a Halloween package that had slinkies in them. Naturaly, Dad was more interested in the slinkies then the kids. So one day I was showing the kids how it worked on the stairs. As I was letting the slinkie go, I leaned over too far and proceed to fall all the way down the stairs. I ended my slide at the bottom of the stairs in a clumped up heap of pain and had scratched my shoulder. Christi heard a bunch of thuds, came to the stairs, tried very hard not to laugh, and when she asked me if she could help me, I responded by telling her not to touch me. My pride was hurt too much.

Well yesterday, our Logan decides to follow in Dad's footsteps. He was at the top of the stairs and fell down them. Poor kid. Our friend who was at the house said that she saw his little foot flying through the air at the bottom of the stairs when he came to a stop. Poor little guy got a huge goose bump on his forhead above his left eye. The kid is tough though and unlike his dad is not prideful. He immediately allowed Mommy to scoop him up in her arms and enjoyed the cuddling until he felt all better. Don't worry he is okay. No concussion. The kid's head is so big that it is a natural cushion for him.

3 comments:

Yorgasons said...

Poor little guy!! I am glad he is ok! Ben had done that about three times! He has a head as hard as rock its crazy! I am glad you are ok too Ryan!

Astrid in Bristling Acres said...

Poor little guy! I know I took way too many tumbles down the stairs (either on purpose- as in trying to sled down the stairs with a cardboard box- or not). Hope the bump goes away! So far my girls haven't tumbled down our stairs but I'm always nervous that they will (they're wooden steps with hard tile on the main floor).

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooooooooo sorry for Logan, but I sure had a good laugh thinking of you both tumbling down the stairs. That's my boys. :) Is his goose bump any better? Is it black and blue? I love you guys!
Mom D