This year we decided it wasn't feasible to go home for Thanksgiving. This was a VERY hard decision. Made harder by the facts that my brother Jace just left for his mission, my friend from high school was coming into town (I haven't seen her in FOREVER!), and that it would mean we most likely won't go to Texas for Thanksgiving again! So I was worried that Thanksgiving would suck this year, big time! Luckily I have wonderful friends here. Yesterday was perfect. I loved it and had so much fun this whole week preparing for the big day! Tuesday and Wednesday from 4pm- late we had guests over. The kids ran around the house playing while the moms cooked. And on Thanksgiving we had guests from 10-7! I LOVE LOVE LOVE having a full house. It was wonderful. All together there were 8 adults and 7 children. Too much fun. Thanks for coming Midtovne's, Addison's, and Missionaries!!
watching the Thanksgiving Day parade (They were all watching until I came to take a picture!)


How Logan wanted to spend the morning while mom tried to cook!

Some fell asleep

The kids LOVED the veggie tray...probably cause that's all we would let them eat while we finished the dinner!

The set up



The kids waiting patiently (hahaha) for the food


The kids eating. I'm lucky I got a shot, they were back up and playing pretty quick!


The pies!!! Apple, Cherry Cheesecake, Pecan, and Pumpkin. SOOO Yummy!

And I forgot to get a picture of all the adults.
3 comments:
I glad you had such a wonderful time! It's a little scary to do thanksgiving without the fam and by yourself. This thanks giving was our first with family since we've been married! Luckily all of them have been great. Glad you had such a nice day!
WHitney Hyatt
I love all the pictures. I worried about you all too, but was thrilled!!!! to hear you had such a lovely day and wonderful friends.
Mom D
I'm so glad that your thanksgiving was good. It's nice when you have friends to be with when family isn't around.
Post a Comment